I am so lucky!
I have been nominated twice for a Liebster award in the past couple of weeks. I am too scatterbrained and disorganized to have recognized the first, from the wonderful and extremely talented Alienora, in any kind of decent timeframe. I’m so sorry, Ali, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not deeply touched that you nominated me!
Receiving a second nomination, from the fascinating and also extremely talented Judith from Journey of a Dutch Witch, has prompted me into award accepting action.
Thank you so much, both of you! I am a huge fan of both of your blogs, as I hope you well know, so it means so much to be recognized by each of you. Really and truly!
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award recognizes upcoming blogs and tries to direct people to them. As it reads, the purpose is really to discover new blogs and help new bloggers on the way.
You must link back the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
It looks like I have 20 questions, instead of 10 to answer. I hope I am allowed to do it this way. Here goes.
1. What was your first memory?
I can recall my grandfather pushing me in an old pram. We were walking down the sidewalk near my house and there was a slight hill. He would let the pram go for a few feet, then grab onto the handle to stop me before I rolled away. I thought it was great fun!
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. What kind of music do you like best?
Hm. Depends on the mood. Usually Beastie Boys. My second most frequent selection would be 60’s music – rock (Doors, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones) and folk (Bob Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot, Joan Baez, The Band). Then maybe jazz in the evenings.
4. What musical instrument/s do you play?
Ha! None. I am so not musical. I’ve tried piano and guitar. I figure that every musician needs an audience, though, and that I can do!
5. What is your all time favourite film?
Withnail and I…also O Brother Where Art Thou. Though, and I can’t explain this, I’ve always liked Conspiracy Theory, with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts. And Thirteen Days.
6. Who is your favourite fairy tale character?
Does Puck count?
7. Who do you love most in the world?
As I explained to my son, you can love people in different ways. It doesn’t mean you love one more than the other. They’re all different. So, I’d have to say my son, my husband, my mom.
8. Read or watch television?
9. What is the very best thing about you?
My capacity for empathy
10. What made you become a blogger?
My love of writing, my search for an audience and my need to get everything that was circling around in my head out.
1. Which character from a book would you love to date with?
Heathcliffe. I tried to be original but he’s who comes to mind!
2. What’s your secret indulgence?
Gluten free vegan cupcakes. I eat more of them than anyone realizes!
3. Do you dare to take the last cookie/chocolate/whatever-is-on-the-plate?
No, I was brought up not to. But man do I want to. My stomach is growling and my eyes are full of longing.
4. What animal resembles you?
Maybe a bear, if I’m being protective…or giving someone a good hug! Hm. There’s the bear again. I keep coming back to bears subconsciously.
5. In what way do you play with food?
When I’m trying to create the perfect bite.
6. What playground equipment do you (secretly) love going on?
There is a rope climbing thing, wide like a huge grid, that I remember from my childhood. If I could find it again, it would be that! Or the ancient wooden structure with a big turquoise painted ship wheel, also from my childhood.
7. How do you arrange you books?
By subject (fiction, history, religion) and then alphabetically by author if it’s fiction, somewhat intuitively if it’s history or religion. Chronologically some might call it.
8. Would you say anything if the person you’re talking with has food left between his/her teeth?
9. Which myth do you like best of all?
The story of the Tuatha de Danann of Ireland. My favourite is Tailtiu, foster mother to Lugh, although technically she was a Fir Bolg.
10. What did you secret place as a child look like?
It was three large rocks in the woods, circled by trees, just off the driveway of our cottage. The ground was strewn with fallen leaves and there was moss on the rocks. I used to call it Everglade.
My nominees, should they choose to accept
My Questions for the Nominees
- Which is your favourite season and why?
- Dawn or Dusk?
- What was the last book you read?
- If you could learn a new skill, what would you choose to learn?
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to get messy and not care about it?
- What is the most important thing you would impart to your child (whether you have one or not)?
- Would you prefer to live in the city or the countryside?
- What did you see the last time you looked at the stars?
- What is your favourite food?
- Where is your favourite place to travel to?